Monday, September 22, 2003

congratulations and celebrat-ions

Yes Yes, well I'd like to thank my mum and family, also my friends and last but not least all of my cats. If you read Rays then you will already know that I got the job at gamestation in southport. Excellent news i thought and most worthy of blogging. It would have been cool of ray had got the aswell but alas... Anyways im pretty excited about it. I start on wednesday at 08:45 where up i shall recieve my gamestaion T shirts (sweet). This all came as sort of a suprise, i mean the interview did go really well and the manager, she seemed pretty cool but the thing that was bothering me was that i was half an hour late, i did however phone to let them know but i really did think that it would go against me. Well how wrong was I.

Aswell as that my phone also came (although two weeks late) and its feckin sweet. Its just the right size, and smaller and id lose it. To top of this goodfortune i also got into uni again. This time to do a pretty cool course called moving image which is basically how to make independent film. Theres also a screen writing element to go with that so with any luck it should be quite exciting.

It's been seven hours and 15 days

Also i broke up with my girlfriend of 15 months. Im not going to go into detail as i know atleast one family member who reads this blog :| I don't know if we will get back together or not but the most important thing is that were still friends.

And so to end on something not so depressing although it could be argued...spirited away. To those in the area around liverpool need i say more. I mean is liverpool or is it not the new european northwest capital of culture yet we seem to be lacking dont we, if its the capital of culture how can such and acclaimed film not be shown. I ask you why. We know that anime in this country is unprepresented but for gods sake this film, like ray said, has won numerous awards and is on blockbuster status so capital of culture or no capital of culture it should be showing in abundance. Seriously though im thinking of writing to the liverpool echo expressing my concern. Perhaps if we got an online petition (hint hint ). I dont know, as much as i love liverpool maybe it should be stripped of its title and let manchester have it? Ooooooohhh!

No comments: